Friday, January 6, 2012

Courage

Courage!

http://youtu.be/VlvBHJAdQF0

"I believe that God created me to be happy,
To enjoy the blessings of life
To be useful to my fellow beings
And an honor to my country.
I believe that trials which beset me today
are but fiery tests by which my character
is strengthened, ennobled and made worthy to
Enjoy the higher things in life which I
believe are in store for me.
I believe that I am the architect of my own fate.
Therefore, I will be master of circumstances
and surroundings and not their slaves
I will not yield to discouragements.
I will trample them under my feet
and make them serve as
stepping stones to success.
I will conquer my obstacles
and turn them into opportunities.

My failures of today will but help to guide me on
to victory on the morrow.
The morrow will bring new strength, new hope,
new opportunities and new beginnings.
I will be ready to face them with a brave heart,
a calm mind, and an undaunted spirit.
In all things, I will do my best
and leave the rest to the infinite.

I will not waste my mental energy by useless worry.
I will learn to dominate my restless thoughts
and look on the bright side of things.
I will face the world bravely.
I will not be a coward.
I will assert my God-give birthright as a (wo)man.
For I am immortal, and nothing can overcome me.

 - Virginia Opal Myers -

As shared by a dear friend's father, while he was suffering from terminal stomach cancer.


No comments:

Post a Comment