Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Conviction of the Heart

Sidney Richard Percy - The Majesty of Earth and Sky

Where are the dreams that we once had?
This is the time to bring them back.
What were the promises 
caught on the tips of our tongues?
Do we forget or forgive?
There's a whole other life
waiting to live.
One day we're brave enough
to talk with conviction of the heart.

Down your streets I've walked alone,
As if my feet were not my own.
Such is the path I chose,
doors I have opened and closed.
I'm tired of living this lie,
fooling myself, believing we're right 
when I've never given love
with any conviction of the heart.

One with the earth, 
with the sky, 
one with everything in life.
I believe we'll survive if we only try. 

How long must we all wait to change
the world bound in chains that we live in?
To know what it is to forgive 
and be forgiven.

Too many years of taking now
 isn't it time to stop somehow?
Air that's too angry to breathe. 
Water our children can drink

You've heard it hundreds of times.
You say you're aware, 
believe, and you care.
Do you care enough?
Where's your conviction of the heart?

One with the earth, 
with the sky, 
one with everything in life.
I believe it will start 
with conviction of the heart.

One earth, one sky
only one world
only one chance for
one life
When will we live?

Only one earth,
only one sky,
only one shot!

We've only got one chance to give it
One life
Believe
It's only gonna start 
when we believe with some 
conviction of the heart! 

Conviction of the Heart (Kenny Loggins - It's awesome!)
http://youtu.be/rQZbB5CUXFI

     I have recently had some experiences that have caused me to pause and take look deep into my heart, and review what I really believe and what I really feel about some things in my life. I neither sought nor necessarily desired to have these experiences come into my sphere of consciousness and awareness, but they came none the less.  Although I would rather not have had to address them, I believe it was necessary for my personal growth and character development, and to be able to move forward with conviction in my life. By facing these experiences I have come to better understand and solidify parts of my character and my life of which perhaps I was still a little unsure and uncertain. I have pondered, prayed, analyzed (and re-analyzed) and read as I searched for answers as to why they came into my life at this time and what I am to do about them.

     Today I had a breakthrough, and have come to better understand why they were put in my path and what I was to do about them. It is all part of my healing and growing process. One experience strengthened my "conviction of the heart" as I shared with an individual how I felt about things that are near and dear to my heart; things that it has taken me a lifetime to come to understand. The other experience strengthened my commitment to maintain choices that I had made many, many years ago in my life. It was not comfortable having to think about these things and having to re-assess them in my life, but it was very necessary in order for me to move forward with full "conviction of the heart" regarding them. I have solidified my feelings about them, and now I can move forward with a full understanding and with a full "conviction of heart" - and to be able to do so makes me feel good for the first time in a very long time.

For The First Time (Kenny Loggins)
http://youtu.be/lwFRB7sC7P4

No comments:

Post a Comment